PREPARING FOR YOUR PORTRAIT
PREPARING FOR YOUR PORTRAIT: 4 EASY STEPS
- Find a style you love: Explore the range of images on our website and choose a photography style that best suits your personality and your decor.
- Choose a location: The photo shoot can take place in your home, our studio or on location – for instance, a favourite beach, forest, park, cafe, or perhaps a street scene. If you prefer, we can suggest a stunning location so you have one less thing to think about!
- Book your photoshoot with us: Our team is often booked months in advance, so book in early to secure your special day.
- Select your clothing: You are welcome to bring a range of clothing options with you, but usually one set of clothes will suffice. View our website for clothing inspiration and chat to us about your ideas – we want you to feel completely relaxed and proud of your look! Here are a few tips to help:
• Generally casual clothing looks most effective
• If you have light coloured hair we suggest wearing light coloured clothing (white, creme, pink, pastels), and if you have dark hair wear darker colours (black, green, navy, purple, brown).
• Gold fabric and clothing with logos or bold prints can be distracting in photographs and should be avoided
• For women, scoop-necked tops look more flattering than square-necked tops
• If you are happy with your weight, exposed shoulders can look attractive, otherwise we suggest wearing a sleeved top
• If you are pregnant or have young children, talk to us about our range of pregnancy clothing, accessories and clothing for babies and accessories for children – these can be available during the photo shoot at no charge